This year is going just too fast.
Hey guys! So, it’s already the middle of the year. Ahhh. Well, in a few days it will technically be the EXACT middle of the year, but right now is a good time to talk about it. I’ve seen the mid-year book tag floating around recently, and while I like watching and reading people’s choices for the questions, I want to do something a little different. I will answer some of the questions in the tag, but this post is mostly just my favourite bookish things of the first half of the year.
1. Books Read In The First Half Of 2018
I’ve read 13 books out of my goal of 40, and I’m 6 books behind schedule. Yeah. I’m honestly okay because even though I’m way behind on my goal, I’ve enjoyed almost all of the books I have read.
- Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them: The Original Screenplay by J. K. Rowling – 5 Stars
- The Upside of Unrequited by Becky Albertalli – 5 Stars
- The Hazel Wood by Melissa Albert – 3.75 Stars
- Everything, everything by Nicola Yoon – 4 Stars
- Angus, Thongs and Full-frontal Snogging by Louise Rennison – 2.5 Stars
- Literally by Lucy Keating – 3 Stars
- Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard – 4 Stars
- Adulthood Is A Myth by Sarah Andersen – 4 Stars
- Ms. Marvel Volume 1 by G. Willow Wilson – 5 Stars
- Gone by Michael Grant – 5 Stars
- There’s Someone Inside Your House by Stephanie Perkins – 4.5 Stars
- They Both Die At The End by Adam Silvera – 5 Stars
- Leah on The Offbeat by Becky Albertalli – 5 Stars
The best book I’ve read this year so far (that I can think of) is They Both Die At The End by Adam Silvera. It was just the best and I think about it all the time.
The worst book I’ve read so far this year is Angus, Thongs and Full-frontal Snogging by Louise Rennison. The main character was so problematic and I hated her so much.
2. Favourite Blog Posts Written So Far This Year
I’ve written 20 blog posts so far this year, and I’ve enjoyed planning and writing all of them. These are a few that I personally really liked and I had so much fun making.
- Doctor Who Book Tag
- 5 Star TBR Predictions
- They Both Die At The End Book Review
- Summer Book Tag
- I Tried Reading (and writing) for 24 Hours
- Try A Chapter Tag | Summer Edition
3. Most Anticipated Books Released In The First Half Of The Year
So many amazing books are being released this year, and it’s great. And while most of the ones I’m super excited for are coming out in around October, there are a few that have come out during the first half of the year. This list is a mash up of books that I’ve been waiting for to come out and ones that I’ve stumbled upon and really want to read. BTW these aren’t in the order of publication, they’re just randomly listed.
- Leah on The Offbeat by Becky Albertalli
- My Plain Jane by The Lady Janies (Brodi Ashton, Cynthia Hand and Jodi Meadows)
- Let’s Talk About Love by Claire Kann
- Meet-Cute: Some People Are Destined To Meet by Jennifer L. Armentrout (& others)
- Aru Shah and The End Of Time by Roshani Chokshi
- Emergency Contact by Mary H. K. Choi
- Dread Nation by Justina Ireland
- Undead Girl Gang by Lily Anderson
- Royals by Rachel Hawkins
- Ship It by Britta Lundin
- The Strange Fascinations of Noah Hypnotik by David Arnold
- All Of This Is True by Lygia Day Peñaflor
So this is it for my Mid Year Book Roundup! I hope you enjoyed it, and if you want to do this kind of post, you’re free to change it however you want. I’ve had fun writing this, and I hope you’ve had fun reading this, and I’ll see you next time. Bye!
P.S Remember to comment down below any answers you have to these lists!